The message is clear: stay at home, stay safe. But how to work remotely, to stay focused while worrying for loved ones and the world, keeping the kids under control and still find joy in this turmoil?
The message is clear: Stay at home, Stay safe. But how to work remotely, to stay focused while worrying for loved ones and the world, keeping the kids under control and still find joy in this turmoil?
We’re problem solvers, so we’ve researched the best advice from around the world. Here’s a human-centric, fact-based and empowering practical guide to overcoming Covid19 crisis as innovators, written with the wonderful Dominique Ashby | neuro@work, expert in change management based on neuro-science.
🙌 Be more effective than ever before
- Here are Law Without Walls best tips
- FaberNovel’s very practical guide with a cool bot
- Free video conferencing tools
- And a bit of legal analysis of labour law consequences
Keeping the kids happy with tons of great ideas
💡 Retain the power of rational decision making
- Keeping well informed while avoiding information overload
- Learn how to make data-driven decisions, according to Google’s Chief Data Scientist
- Fighting fake news
🌍 Travel the world’s wonders from your living room
- Beauty will save the world with the world’s best museums virtual tours:
- The Met’s free opera podcasts
🧘♀️…and don’t forget to breath…
Anxiety is a natural human response to current world events.
- If you want to find the positive in today’s new world try meditation apps (Headspace, Calm, Waking Up), starting and ending each day identifying a positive thing you’re going to / have achieved, and spread positivity and kindness–not only is an act of kindness inherently rewarding for our brains, positive or social acts directly inspire similar actions in others !
Three key things recharge us mentally and physically:
- meditation (as above),
- learning (inherently rewarding for the brain), and
- exercise (releasing endorphins and brain factors that increase our capacity to learn). The world is quickly adapting to a mono-localised lifestyle; you can find a number of free yoga and pilates classes on YouTube. On Instagram @lestudioparis and @discobarre are both recent adopters of online streaming with classes specifically designed for those in lock-down.
We’ll update this article as we come across other relevant references !